Each week in this series Azon Recruitment Group provides sample interview questions that will help to prepare you for an upcoming meeting.
This week, the focus is on Sales and Commercial roles.
Sample Interview Questions:
1) SALES FOCUS
- What part of the sales process do you enjoy the most?
- Are you uncomfortable with any aspect of the sales process?
- What challenges have you faced within your sector hitting sales targets? How did you overcome these challenges?
- Describe your preparation when making a sales call to a new client?
- Describe to us the most interesting trend you see emerging in your sector.
- Describe a time you dealt with a dissatisfied client. How did you deal with this?
- Outline for us what happened on your most challenging day of work. Why is is so memorable? Looking back, what changes would you implement to avoid it happening again?
- Tell us about the last time you had to negotiate with someone.
- In what way are goals and targets measured in your current position?
- What is your performance target – monthly or quarterly? Is it based on individual performances, or a vertical team effort?
- How do you keep track of your own goals?
- How do you feel about managing a team’s goals and targets?
- If a team member was consistently falling short of their goals, how would you address this with them?
- Have you ever managed to make target when you had been at risk of missing your goal throughout the quarter? How did you overcome the issues at hand?
- What do you do if you are falling behind your targets?
- How would you prioritize a large book of business, across multiple regions?
- Provide us with an example of a time your prioritization skills worked to your advantage.
Next time, we focus on interview questions that relate to being part of a team.