Client: Large multicomponent food manufacturing site which is part of a major Irish food group
Role: Technical Manager
Location: Co. Cork
Salary: €DOE + usual industry benefits
A mid-sized food production site wish to bring in a Technical Manager to support the Site Technical Manager with all aspects of technical and quality management. You will be working alongside an experience Site Technical Manager and taking a shared responsibility for implementing best practice technical systems and ensuring that the site is operating to the highest food safety standards at all times.
With the right attitude the successful candidate will see their knowledge develop and opportunities within the business will appear.
- Food Science/Food Technology qualification or related would be a distinct advantage
- 4 + years’ post-graduate experience in the FMCG sector with exhibited knowledge and proficiency working with internal and external stakeholders
- A strong technical background and knowledge of Industry Food Standards, i.e. GFSI (BRC, IFS, ISO) and Food Service and Retailer Codes of Practices.
- Certifications an advantage including Internal Auditing, Lead Auditor, Train the Trainer, HACCP, TACCP
- Commercial outlook, recognition that food safety is a vital weapon in the product offer.
- Experience of working collaboratively to support functional peers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Computer literate with good Word and Excel skills.
- A passion for driving operational business change.
- Ability to demonstrate effective leadership and people management techniques.