My client is currently looking for a Tax Manager to join their Finance team on a 9-month fixed term contract with a focus on compliance and accounting. Reporting to the Senior Director, Group Tax, you will work out of the Limerick office, as part of the global Transaction Support & Group Tax team.
- Tax compliance.
- Preparation of Irish corporate tax and VAT computations returns and other filings to be submitted to Irish Revenue.
- Manage deadlines for foreign corporate tax, VAT and other tax and information exchange obligations including liaising with third party advisors and reviewing computations / returns.
- Assisting in the preparation of current and deferred, Irish and non-Irish, tax accounting provisions for financial reporting purposes. Preparation of tax notes to financial statements. Liaise with external auditors as required.
- Managing customer requests for tax residency certificates, withholding tax clearance forms and other tax related declarations.
- Maintaining relationship with external advisors, external auditors and internal finance and commercial teams.
- Monitoring and keeping up to date with relevant Irish and non-Irish tax developments
- Work with the Senior Tax Director on tax audits, Group tax planning and ad-hoc projects.
- Ensure tight statutory deadlines are met
- Excellent numerical skills and keen attention to detail.
- Experience in the aircraft/aviation industry a big advantage
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent project management skills with commitment to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to work both on your own initiative and within a team environment.
- A structured approach and a flexible attitude when managing critical reporting periods.
- Professional qualifications – Accounting and Tax (ACA/ACCA and AITI).
- 2 years + post qualification experience with strong experience in tax accounting.
- Any in-house tax accounting experience will be considered an advantage, particularly in aircraft leasing.