Introduction – This is a Live Role as of Wednesday July 1st 2020.
Company – Tier 1 Contractor
Role – Lead / Senior Environmental Health & Safety Role (Strong Intermediate Either) – Looking after initial stage of site, groundworks utilities etc so civils or building background
Reporting Into – Contracts Manager
Salary – 55K – 65K
Experience – Tier 1 Required – Large Projects
Interview Style – Video Call or Face to face
Start Date – Start date – As soon as possible or 4 weeks
Advantage – Degree Required, Tier 1 Experience Required & Large Project Experience Required
- Manage Health, Safety & Environment delivery within a large project(over a site of about 250 People)
- Assist managers and staff to fulfil their safety responsibilities to the high standards demanded by the Business.
- To facilitate and coach operational teams
- To carry out relevant HSE assurance activities providing confidence to the business that operational effectiveness of all relevant HSE processes is being delivered.
- Implement the company’s health, safety, quality and environmental policy, procedures and management systems.
- Advising & assisting site management in drafting and communicating Method Statements, Safe Plans of Action and Tool Box Talks.
- Provide advice, guidance and instruction in all health & safety matters to management, safety representatives and employees (including sub-contractors where appropriate).
- Lead, promote and coordinate the delivery of any necessary training and coaching.
- Ensure high risk reviews are undertaken at frequencies as established by the project, providing risk assurance.
- Support, coordinate and lead (as necessary) the investigation of all incidents to ensure effective learning outcomes and timely closure of actions.
- Act as a point of support for the project when communicating with enforcement bodies.
- Build and maintain positive relationship with client, contractors and other stakeholders
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or sub-contractors working on site.
- Conduct regular inspections and site audits, reporting findings to site and senior company management. Strict follow-up is required to ensure that actions are dealt with immediately.
- Ensure that all accidents are reported, recorded and investigated and that suitable notification is given to the Directors, Health & Safety Authority and Insurers as required.
- Compiling relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
- Promote the Company mission of being a healthy and incident and injury free workplace
Technical / Qualification
- Formal safety qualification (e.g. Diploma / Degree) ideally Chartered IOSH or currently working towards Chartership
- Thorough knowledge of current Health and Safety legislation and experience in a senior EHS role.
- Excellent IT skills, familiar with relevant computer applications (MS Office)
Please note: If you are an EU/EEA national, you will be asked to show proof of right to work e.g. showing your employer a copy of your passport.
If you are a non-EU/EEA national, you will require current and valid permission to work and reside in the EU/EEA. Information on legislation and guides to the procedures in relation to obtaining Green Card Permits, Work Permits, Spousal/Dependent Permits is available on the Department of Jobs, Enterprise, and Innovation website.