Live: 1st September 2021
Role: Senior Development Manager
Location: Dublin City & Flexible working offered
Project: Mass Scale Delivery of Housing Experience Required
Company: Leading Irish Property developer
Package: €100k + & market leading bonus + Pension + Health care (DOE)
Reporting: Construction Director
Experience Of Taking Projects Through The Planning, Pre-construction, Construction and Sales/Leasing process
Note: “Experience Working With A Developer Is A Plus”
To work as part of a small dedicated team, the senior development manager will be expected to lead their own projects across all aspects of the development process including options analysis, financial appraisals, presenting / reporting, planning applications, design development, project delivery, contract negotiations, service charges and liaising with leasing, sales and management teams.
- Leading on financial analysis/appraisal of development projects and preparing budgets in line with their projects;
- Managing external professional teams to deliver planning consents and design against agreed programme timescales and budgets;
- Understand existing Planning Consents and negotiate, with the Local Authority, the detailed planning consents for their projects;
- Discharge of planning conditions;
- Working with the project management team to prepare the project for construction;
- Responsible for commercial inputs and profitability analysis of their projects
- Liaising and negotiating with third parties including utility providers, Local Authority, AHB’s, stakeholder groups, resident/community groups etc. as necessary;
- Liaising and managing the construction partner to ensure on time and on budget delivery of the project;
- Liaising with the Sales and Marketing manager with regard to all aspects of the branding, marketing and sales/leasing of the development;
- Exploiting every opportunity to add value to existing and new developments;
- Working with the underwriting team in the preparation of the business case for new acquisitions.
- Undertake additional relevant duties which fall under the general scope of the role, as directed by your Manager, raising any issues with capacity so they can be properly managed;
- Remain knowledgeable about Group activities, benefiting from all forms of internal communication provided and acting as a positive ambassador for the Company at all times;
- Use materials and resources effectively and efficiently to minimise waste and consider the impact of potential actions on the environment before taking business decisions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ideally MSCSI/MRICS qualified;
- Experience of taking projects through the planning, pre-construction, construction and sales/leasing process;
- Proven experience of residential and/or commercial delivery, with circa 7-10 years’ experience, ideally on medium / large scale projects;
- Experience of PRS ideal, but not essential.
Core Competencies of the Role
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills;
- Highly numerate with ability to apply these skills using Excel spreadsheet techniques for development schemes;
- Commercial understanding of the legal process in respect of establishing Development Agreements and applying the terms of the DA’s once they become live;
- Understanding of Part V process;
- Good understanding of the ‘due diligence’ process in respect of land development acquisition.