Client: Leading Commercial Electrical Contractor
Role: Senior Buyer
Location: Maynooth, Co. Kildare
Salary: Competitive salary
Our client is one of Ireland’s leading fit-out Commercial Electrical Contractors in Ireland based in Maynooth, Co. Kildare.
Their expertise has enabled them to navigate 2020 successfully, coming into 2021 with a full pipeline of work and delivering solutions in markets such as Commercial, Healthcare, Retail & Industrial Sectors.
Our client is looking for a Senior Buyer who has experience specifically with electrical contractors and suppliers. They will be responsible for sourcing and purchasing the best quality equipment and goods at the most competitive prices.
The successful candidate will be tasked with continually monitoring current processes/trends and discussing areas of improvement with Management, negotiating with vendors and building positive relationships with key suppliers, as well as identifying savings opportunities.
They should also be competent in dealing effectively with challenges with suppliers and the flow of materials, identifying new supplier sources, recommend new sourcing strategies, and assisting the Estimating department with obtaining pre-tender quotations and resolving material specification issues
Qualifications, skills & experience:
- 3+ years’ experience in a buying/purchasing/procurement environment within an Electrical Contractor
- Experience in developing strong relationships with suppliers and negotiating best price
- Exposure to the purchasing of Electrical equipment and materials is key for this position
- Strong project management skills with a proven track record in stakeholder communications and engagement
- Assist with Stores and goods in/out and perform other ad-hoc duties as required
- Must have strong communication and organisational skills
Competitive salary, 21 days leave, and Pension scheme on offer for the successful candidate.