A leading Investment Manager is looking for a Risk Manager to join their Risk function based in Dublin City Centre. This firm has a strong established presence in Dublin and is currently going through a growth phase.
Key Responsibilities of the Risk Manager
* Perform ongoing monitoring of investment and operational risks at client funds to ensure that each continues to be managed in line with investment objectives, policy and within its investment risk and relevant regulatory restrictions.
* Generate and review periodic risk analytics utilising in-house and/or third-party risk reporting tools.
* Convene regular risk committee meetings with the portfolio managers
* Perform follow-ups on all matters arising from the risk committee meetings.
* Respond immediately to any material risk issues that arise at client funds by escalating to the appropriate authority within the management company.
* Generate both regular and exception-based risk reporting for both fund boards and the management company
The successful Risk Manager candidate will have considerable practical experience in Investment/Operational Risk from a funds background. They will be qualified in one of the following: (or have full intentions of pursuing) FRM, PRM, CFA or CAIA. The successful candidate will be a strong communicator and have the ability to develop relationships internally and externally.