Title: Property Accountant
The Client: Our client is a up and coming property company with over 2,000 assets and is very up and coming.
The role provides an excellent opportunity for an experienced property accountant to join the finance function.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with preparation of both monthly and quarterly management accounts and supporting workings, reconciliations, and cost accruals.
- Financial management of a portfolio of residential properties.
- Ensure audit processes are followed correctly.
- Driving process improvements and strong controls.
- Preparation of annual budgets.
- Preparation of annual accounts for audit.
- Actively engaging with property management teams to ensure communication of financial positions are conveyed to relevant parties.
- Ability to report to and liaise with peers within multinational institutional funds.
- To maintain and update income and expenditure budgets on Yardi Voyager, ensuring correct on account charges are billed out to residents.
- Budget vs Actual Analysis. To review service charge expenditure with Property Manager and Block Manager to ensure the accurate recording of actual costs against budgets.
- To carry out a full and accurate reconciliation of income/rent collection on a monthly basis, the preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual accruals and prepayments in agreement with the Property Manager.
- To assist with year-end TBs and assist with the preparation of management company accounts.
- To ensure all charges are raised to residents in accordance with agreed timelines.
- To ensure the timely posting of all miscellaneous ad-hoc charges and correspondence with residents with same to be filed appropriately.
- To prepare client reports in accordance with agreed client requirements and timelines.
The candidate should possess the following characteristics:
- Qualified ACCA or ACA with up-to-date accounting knowledge and the ability to construct financial statements from unstructured data.
- An understanding of SPVs, IFRS, Irish GAAP, Company’s Act and Corporation Tax is a distinct advantage.
- Experience using Yardi software is a distinct advantage.
- At least 3 years of experience working in a compliance / deadline driven environment in an organisation focused on service quality and client satisfaction.
- A strong work ethic and passion for being part of a fast-growing work environment with a strong culture of teamwork.
- Driven to grow within the role and organisation.
- Excellent Excel and Word skills
- Previous experience in property is preferable but not essential.