Our client is leading global Insurer with offices based in Dublin City Centre
Our client is seeking to hire a Part-Qualified Management Accountant on a 12 month maternity cover contract. This is a great opportunity to work in a market-leading insurer and develop your career working with all aspects of the business.
Your key responsibilities:
- Preparation of Monthly Underwriting performance reports for presentation to Management, including liaison with underwriters and actuaries regarding setting reserves
- Identify underwriting actions required and communicate with underwriters and management
- Credit control & Accounts Receivable
- Engage with IT department, business analysts, underwriters, actuaries and other departments as required
- Ongoing review of processes to streamline and address changing needs
- Ad hoc project work
- Part-qualified finalist or newly qualified accountant with 3 – 5 years’ experience. Insurance and SII experience an advantage
- Advanced Excel and general IT skills with an ability to work with large volumes of data
- Ability to present financial information in an appropriate format for presentation to management and the board
- Excellent analytical skills with solid understanding of insurance financial processes.
- Good understanding of Irish GAAP and IFRS reporting standards
Please note: If you are an EU/EEA national, you will be asked to show proof of right to work e.g. showing your employer a copy of your passport.
If you are a non-EU/EEA national, you will require current and valid permission to work and reside in the EU/EEA. Information on legislation and guides to the procedures in relation to obtaining Green Card Permits, Work Permits, Spousal/Dependent Permits is available on the Department of Jobs, Enterprise, and Innovation website.