My Client are looking for a Mortgage Underwriter to join their Residential Team on a Permanent basis. You will conduct credit analysis and support the underwriting of mortgages to ensure that risk and creditworthiness is assessed in accordance with the companies credit policy.
Key Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Credit Assessment
- Prepare, review and analyse the creditworthiness and risk implication of lending applications ensuring adherence to the companies policy and process measures always.
- Complete financial analysis narrative and make informed lending decisions.
- Assess credit reports, proof of income, bank statements, statement of affairs, and any other supporting documentation at the borrower level.
- Compliance and Risk Management
- Ensure Delegated Credit Authority is exercised.
- For applications above the delegated underwriting authority make recommendations and present to management
- The Person:
- Degree in Business/Finance or equivalent.
- Desirable QFA but must be an Approved Product Advisor (APA).
- Previous credit underwriting experience.
- Experience of and ability to work in a fast-paced and high-energy environment.
- Credit Assessment – Ability to understand and appropriately utilise systems and processes for credit and operational risk assessment
- Legal and Compliance – Ability to understand and utilise legislative requirements to meet regulatory obligations of the organization.