I highly recommend working with Natalia both if you are looking for a new role or if you are looking for potential candidates. Natalia worked with me through the recruitment process and always gave brilliant advice. She is one of the best recruiters I’ve ever had the pleasure to work with. I was delighted to receive and accept an offer at the end of the process and can’t wait to get started in my new role. Thanks Natalia!
Manufacturing & Engineering
- Published24 Feb 2023
- Apply now!
NAME OF JOB: Maintenance Technician
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Plant Engineer
Azon are teaming up with a large pharmaceutical company in North Dublin to recruit for a Maintenance Technician. The ideal candidate will provide an effective and efficient service in the carrying out of maintenance duties on mechanical, electrical and instrumentation systems, including project work, for the engineering department. This is carried out within the safety standards, GMP and work etiquette set out by Clarochem Ireland Ltd.
- Carrying out and documenting preventative maintenance checks on process equipment, energies and utility equipment.
- Working in an organised fashion to relieve work requisition forms.
- Responding to unplanned and emergency maintenance.
- Assisting in maintaining adequate store of spare parts.
- Updating drawings and specifications.
- Assisting in project work.
- Assisting in the control and supervision of contractors on site.
- Maintaining and upgrading safety equipment and mechanisms.
In carrying out the above, the person will perform the following duties:
- Workshop practices – welding, burning, grinding, drilling etc.
- Pipework – both screwed and welded systems.
- Glass pipework – maintenance and installation.
- Pumps and motors – seal changes, general repairs and coupling alignment.
- Electrical work – troubleshooting, installation and earth checks etc.
- Instrumentation – calibration, understanding of PLC and trouble shooting.
- Documentation – all maintenance carried out to be recorded accurately and to be filed neatly.
In addition, Maintenance Technicians will assist in emergency response operations such as:-
- Fire fighting
- Search and Rescue
- Spillage control
- First Aid
- To provide adequate support to Clarochem Ireland Limited it is required that all maintenance technicians will provide, on a rotational basis, out of hours back-up.
- Training will be provided to ensure the person is equipped to carry out his/her expected duties.
- Training in maintenance duties will involve both in-house on the job training, and training by external agencies.
The Maintenance Technician’s performance shall be monitored continually according to the following general criteria:-
- General time keeping and attendance.
- Work output and quality.
- Compliance with Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality practices and example given to others.
- Team working to company goals.
- Positive work attitude.
- Training and self development.
Recruitment Consultant - Life Sciences
Fergal, based in our Dublin office is a Recruitment Consultant and specializes in Engineering-based roles. Fergal obtained a BSc. in Psychology followed by an MSc in Work and Organizational Psychology from the University of Limerick. Following his studies, Fergal travelled for 2 years where he gained invaluable international experience. Upon his return, he began working as an Organizational Psychology Consultant with Aon working primarily with psychometric assessments used for recruitment and development. From there, Fergal has moved into recruitment of Engineering roles and can offer permanent, contract and temporary recruitment solutions for the Pharma/Biopharma and Medical Devices industries.