A well established global credit servicing firm in the banking industry with a large presence in Ireland is looking to hire a Loan Analyst.
Role – Loan Analyst – Structured Finance – 2 Year Contract
Provides day to day loan administration including the monitoring/movement of funds to ensure efficient, accurate and timely administration of Cash Disbursements in accordance with predefined priority of payments (waterfall) and financial covenant testing.
Key Accountabilities and Main Responsibilities
- Review and interpret legal documentation to ensure accurate implementation of financial covenants, trigger events, priority of payments (waterfall) to determine cash distributions for all loans assigned, in compliance with various legal documents including but not limited to the following: Loan Agreement, Inter-creditor Deed, Cash Management Agreement and Servicing Agreement.
- Integrate new loans through the collation, review, analysis and interpretation of all associated legal agreements in so far as they impact on the cash flow movements/disbursements, financial covenant testing and Insurance; and participate in loan closing meetings to facilitate a thorough understanding of the intended workflow.
- Carry out a comprehensive review of Borrower Management Information including financial statements, tenancy schedules, arrears reports, expenses details & any other relevant information to ensure accurate calculation of financial covenants.
- Identify and explain variances from period to period and provide analysis on any other relevant factors that are affecting the loan, obtaining further information to clarify where necessary.
- Liaison with associated parties as necessary to ensure the smooth operations end to end
- Diarise the logistics of information flow for each loan IPD to ensure the timely receipt of all required information and communicate requirements to the respective parties
- Report and work with vast data in excel and ability to manipulate and deliver on same
- Monitor borrower bank accounts in advance of each IPD to determine the adequacy of funds to facilitate cash movements
- Reconciliation of all Investor cash movement to ensure all expected funds were received and correctly distributed.
- Preparation and timely distribution of reports at pre agreed intervals to investors, rating agencies, issuers, note holders and counter-parties accurately reflecting the financial position of the loan and deal.
- Address all internal and external customer queries in a timely and accurate manner. Ensure all data relating to assigned portfolio is accurately and effectively reviewed, monitored, recorded, summarized and distributed.
- Participate openly and proactively in ongoing initiatives to broaden the skill base and knowledge of the unit
- Develop strong working relationships locally and with colleagues in other locations to ensure that a seamless and best in class service is maintained within the assigned portfolio team.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by Management
- The role holder will be required to demonstrate initiative and a capacity to develop an understanding of the different elements of the servicing life cycle to ensure required deadlines are met.
Experience & Personal Attributes
- Three years financial services experience is essential, preferably with experience dealing with loan documentation.
- A third level financial, property or accounting related qualification would be a distinct advantage
- Strong financial analysis skills with ability to review, understand and interpret multiple legal documents, with sound decision making capabilities.
- Effective communicator with an ability to communicate at all levels
- Exhibits a high degree of reliability and flexibility and a positive attitude and be counted on to participate as required
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access), with advanced Excel experience an advantage
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment with regular deadlines
- Risk and conduct management