This a fantastic career opportunity for a candidate who has excellent working knowledge of Indirect Tax compliance processes & a strong understanding of EU VAT legislation.
You will have the opportunity to advise, manage and implement processes in support of emerging VAT regulations and challenging reporting requirements. While the role will focus primarily on tax compliance in the EMEA region, you will also be involved in managing global indirect tax obligations which include, but not limited to:
- VAT-Registrations in 16 countries and growing
- Non-Resident Electronic Services – MOSS, GCC region, South Africa, Turkey, Russia, Korea, Japan, New Zealand, India, Iceland, Norway and Switzerland.
- Reporting – Intrastat, EC Purchases/Sales, Spain RTR, SAF-T, and others
- Invoicing – Client/Supplier Purchases and End Customer Sales
- Review various country filings for accuracy and manage all aspects of the compliance process
- Ensure compliance with all indirect tax deliverables, including returns and payments
- Coordinate the activities of third-party service providers
- Assist in the development and enhancement of indirect tax compliance processes and reporting
- Manage tax inquiries and coordinate the gathering of requested information
- Develop strong working relationships within the Tax Team ensuring alignment on compliance and planning matters
- Work closely with the Revenue accounting teams on client/supplier invoicing and VAT input claims and preparation of VIES returns, including reconciliation of financial general ledger accounts
- Collaborate with other EMEA functions and colleagues across the globe to ensure that the Company meets its tax reporting obligations
- Monitor changes to European tax legislation which could significantly impact the Company
- Be the Subject Matter Expert for our international jurisdictions
- Additional ad hoc projects as identified
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Sense of ownership in the identification and resolution of issues
- Ability to manage many tasks at once
- Continually seeks to improve work processes and find ideas for more effective working
- Have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Team player
- Strong business acumen
- Experience of working in a multinational environment
- Hold a Professional Tax (CTA/AITI) and/or Accounting Qualification (ACA, ACCA, CPA)
- Excellent working knowledge of Indirect Tax compliance processes, from data extraction to return submission and experience of implementing any VAT reporting in any EU countries a distinct advantage
- Strong understanding of EU VAT legislation, particularly in a cross-border environment desirable
- High proficiency in Excel
Please note: If you are an EU/EEA national, you will be asked to show proof of right to work in Ireland e.g. showing your employer a copy of your passport.
If you are a non-EU/EEA national, you will require current and valid permission to work and reside in the Republic of Ireland. Information on legislation and guides to the procedures in relation to obtaining Green Card Permits, Work Permits, Spousal/Dependent Permits is available on the Department of Jobs, Enterprise, and Innovation website.