We currently have an opening for a Manager or Senior Manager to join our clients Tax team. The ITX Manager or Senior Manager shall provide indirect tax advice to our clients global business units. The ITX Manager/Senior Manager shall assist with developing the company’s global indirect tax strategies and their implementation. The role will also focus on assisting Legal & Risk Management (LRM) and business operations in respect of indirect tax clauses for contracts, mostly Master Service Agreements, Agreements for Services and Clinical Site Agreements. In addition, the ITX Manager will be responsible for special projects. The ITX Manager will support our clients internal teams and take a team leadership role in mentoring and developing less experienced team members.
- Provide Indirect Tax advice to the Legal and Contracts teams in reviewing contracts and draft suitable clauses to minimise the company’s Indirect Tax exposures without jeopardising the commercial rationale for the contracts.
- Support the smooth implementation of the business’s contract strategies.
- Provide Indirect Tax advice globally for business units.
- Assist with developing the Indirect Tax control framework. Implementing and training stakeholders throughout the organisation on the policies.
- Support the optimisation of Oracle and other systems used to produce the Indirect Tax return data to optimise the Indirect Tax set-up and processes, working internally and externally across the business units. Identify systems and processes optimisation’s and lobby their implementation
- Take a leadership, proactive role in order to enhance the overall Indirect Tax/Tax Team professional skill-set in the areas of Indirect Tax by working directly with the team and providing ad-hoc guidance and support.
- 8+ years of relevant ITX experience within a large multinational or international professional services organisation.
- Able to work independently.
- Able to manage and motivate team members.
- Ability to work in an international environment and across multiple cultures.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Client and customer service focused approach to work.
- High discipline with a “deliver on time” attitude.
- Ability to deal with high volumes and often complex situations.
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritise workload with strong attention to detail.
- Willingness to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork.
- Willingness to travel (albeit not expected to be regular feature of the role).
- Working knowledge in MS Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.
- Working knowledge of Oracle e-Business Tax helpful but not essential.
- University Degree in Business, Accounting or Law
- Professional Qualification as Accountant / Chartered Tax Advisor / Solicitor / Barrister
Please note: If you are an EU/EEA national, you will be asked to show proof of right to work e.g. showing your employer a copy of your passport.
If you are a non-EU/EEA national, you will require current and valid permission to work and reside in the EU/EEA. Information on legislation and guides to the procedures in relation to obtaining Green Card Permits, Work Permits, Spousal/Dependent Permits is available on the Department of Jobs, Enterprise, and Innovation website.