The primary goal of this team is to integrate seamlessly. This applies in equal measure to both technical delivery as well as the client team’s culture and personality. The success of this team is embedded in their ability to deliver an unparalleled client experience and on leaving a lasting impression that forms part of a long term, partnership based relationship with our clients.
About the role
Working almost exclusively on client site, you will play a key role in supporting the clients in-house tax team by:
- Supporting the clients internal VAT process and all tasks performed by members of the team such as VAT compliance (VAT, Intrastat, EC Sales), advisory and transformational projects across specified territories
- Proactively seek to identify opportunities for continuous improvement within the VAT process, to drive efficiency, accuracy and quality of output
- Provision of indirect tax technical support to the business on proposed commercial transactions and restructurings whilst liaising with cross functional teams and external advisors in this regard
- Interacting with regional finance functions and external advisors and assisting the local tax team in ensuring all supporting documentation is available and maintained for tax controversy related queries from foreign and Irish Revenue authorities
- Working with advisors in foreign jurisdictions to monitor and understand changes to both domestic and international VAT rules which could significantly impact on the client business and advising the business on the impact of any changes
- Involvement in analysing the VAT impact of any merger or acquisition activity within the group and manage the integration of new activities moving into the team as a result of acquisitions and other business changes as necessary
- Reviewing contracts from a VAT perspective
- Research legislation, case law and technical indirect tax issues
- AITI qualified tax professional with 2 – 4 year’s PQE
- Strong indirect tax technical knowledge and experience of advising large scale multinational entities (ideally within the ICT, or Pharma / Life Science sectors)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and project management skills
- Experience of working as part of an in-house indirect tax team would be an advantage
- An ability to explain technical concepts in a simple and comprehensive way to those in the business without a tax technical background
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a multi-functional team
- A flexible, energetic and pro-active personality with the ability to multi-task
- Willingness and confidence to learn and work with new and unfamiliar systems and information
- An individual whose core values include integrity, honesty, hard work and confidentiality
Please note: If you are an EU/EEA national, you will be asked to show proof of right to work in Ireland e.g. showing your employer a copy of your passport.
If you are a non-EU/EEA national, you will require current and valid permission to work and reside in the Republic of Ireland. Information on legislation and guides to the procedures in relation to obtaining Green Card Permits, Work Permits, Spousal/Dependent Permits is available on the Department of Jobs, Enterprise, and Innovation website.