I highly recommend working with Natalia both if you are looking for a new role or if you are looking for potential candidates. Natalia worked with me through the recruitment process and always gave brilliant advice. She is one of the best recruiters I’ve ever had the pleasure to work with. I was delighted to receive and accept an offer at the end of the process and can’t wait to get started in my new role. Thanks Natalia!
Manufacturing & Engineering
Health & Safety Manager
- Salary£75000.00 - £85000 per annum + Negotiable
- Published14 Mar 2023
- Apply now!
Azon Recruitment is delighted to be partnered with one of Ireland’s newest brands to assist them in their search for Health & Safety Manager for their production facility based in midlands.
The successful Health & Safety Manager will be responsible for one of Europe’s most specialised production facilities. You will work in conjunction with the Site Lead to ensure all activities relating to Health and Safety are delivered. The site is family friendly, and the culture is unique.
- Provides leadership across the organisation to foster a positive Health and Safety culture
- Develop and implement the sites Health and Safety strategy and associated programmes and initiatives that improve the Health and Safety outcomes in alignment with the companies objectives.
- Reporting of site H&S metrics & delivering on key targets
- Ensure H&S procedures and Site Safety Statement are in compliance with Regulatory requirements.
- Complete thorough investigation, root cause analysis and CAPA for all significant incidents, reportable accidents, dangerous occurrences and major property damage.
- Champion Zero Harm initiative to improve the health and safety culture through training and awareness campaigns.
- Ensure that safety audits are carried out in conjunction with the relevant Area Managers in order to inspect and check plant, processes, procedures & practices.
- Conduct and implement programs relating to risk assessments (new product development and trials / new equipment and engineering requirements).
- Ensure that there is H&S involvement in pre-start up safety reviews and equipment walk-downs to identify relevant safety items.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience at H&S Manager level within an FMCG manufacturing environment, ideally food manufacturing.
- Experience and proven capabilities in developing and implementing world class health and safety management systems to ISO45001 standards in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to deliver training modules to all levels of the organisation
- Experience in developing and implementing behavioural safety programmes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong influencing and negotiation skills. A demonstrated ability to communicate and influence at management and operator levels within a manufacturing organization
- Primary Degree in Engineering, Science or equivalent, in conjunction with a recognized Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
This is a permanent role with an excellent salary on offer. Applicants must be a holder of a European passport or stamp 4 visa.
If you are interested in discussing this role, please contact Conor directly in the strictest confidence.
Manager - Science & Engineering
Conor is the Manager of the Manufacturing and Engineering team that specialise in providing solutions in multiple sectors ranging from Life Science to FMCG and Energy. Conor has a proven track rector in recruitment with 12 years plus experience. He has specialised in engineering for the last 8. Conor's areas of expertise include Maintenance, Automation, Validation, Manufacturing Engineering including Continuous Improvement and Senior Operations Roles.