Role – Health & Safety Lead
Industry – Manufacturing / Medical
Location – Dublin
Salary & Package – 55K – 85K + Pension + Bonus / Shares +Medical
Report To – Director
This position will require someone who is tuned in and well able to deal with senior members of the organisation. 90% of the work will be on Site at the facility and some travel to Asia (few trips a year). Great for someone who is experienced or someone who feels ready for the next step and feels confident to develop into the role
- Lead plant activities related to Health and Safety. The Health and Safety Lead will play an active role in driving a positive and proactive Health and Safety environment at the plant. Has responsibility for the provision of advice to Management and Associates on matters relating to Health and Safety. They will provide professional expertise to ensure the Organisation meets its legal requirements when implementing safe work practices
- Works with site management to develop, implement and maintain Health and Safety (H&S) practices, programmes and initiatives which contribute to reducing the risk of accidents at the plant.
- Co-ordinates the identification of workplace hazards and assessment of risks, advises management on appropriate control measures to eliminate, minimise or control these hazards.
- Actively participates in Project Teams/Groups established to introduce new technologies, moves to new premises etc., to ensure that H&S is considered in the Project Planning process.
- Actively participates in designing and delivering the Company H&S training programme in conjunction with HR and training advisors.
- Carry out H&S training for new and existing associates and contractors as required.
- Oversee all H&S accident/incident investigations and follow-up on close out of corrective actions.
- Conducts regular announced and unannounced Safety Inspections to ensure that all departments are complying with the terms of the Safety Statement.
- Liaises with other departments (Manufacturing, Purchasing, Engineering etc.) on purchases of equipment, articles and substances
- Liaise with elected Safety Representatives on a regular basis to consider H&S issues and communicate openly on existing or forthcoming H&S issues.
- Liaises closely with those responsible for Emergency Procedures within the organisation to ensure, so far as possible, the prevention of fire and the safe evacuation of employees in emergency situations.
- Liaise with Corporate Safety, the Health and Safety Authority Officers and others as required and build strong working relationships in this regard.
- Manage emergency planning, including responsibility for the emergency response team (ERT).
- Liaise with the Company Doctor/OH Nurse on work related injuries and illnesses.
Degree in Health and Safety related discipline or equivalent is required.
- 5-8+ years’ experience in Health and Safety, within a regulated environment
- A proven track record of success as an H&S Engineer in a large manufacturing facility
- Excellent communication, presentation and training skills.
- Ability to engage and influence others
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance procedures, publications and an ability to interpret relevant legislation on behalf of the company.
Please note: If you are an EU/EEA national, you will be asked to show proof of right to work e.g. showing your employer a copy of your passport.
If you are a non-EU/EEA national, you will require current and valid permission to work and reside in the EU/EEA. Information on legislation and guides to the procedures in relation to obtaining Green Card Permits, Work Permits, Spousal/Dependent Permits is available on the Department of Jobs, Enterprise, and Innovation website.