I highly recommend working with Natalia both if you are looking for a new role or if you are looking for potential candidates. Natalia worked with me through the recruitment process and always gave brilliant advice. She is one of the best recruiters I’ve ever had the pleasure to work with. I was delighted to receive and accept an offer at the end of the process and can’t wait to get started in my new role. Thanks Natalia!
Compliance and Risk
Head of Risk & Compliance
- Published4 Jan 2023
- Apply now!
About the Role
Azon are delighted to be partnering with a global payments company. Their main mission is to simplify financial transfers between businesses across the world. The Risk Management and Compliance functions are key components of the second line of defence, operating independently from the business unit. This will be a unique threefold role consisting of Head of Risk, Compliance and MLRO. This role will report directly to the Board of Directors in Ireland. The successful candidate will acquire the PCF-14 (Chief Risk Officer), PCF-12 (Head of Compliance) and PCF-52 (MLRO). This role will be based in the Dublin office and operate on a hybrid structure.
- Implement and manage the Enterprise Risk Management Framework
- Maintain the Risk Register by actively monitoring that identified risks and agreed controls have been embedded within the business;
- Establish, develop and maintain the regulatory Compliance framework within which the company operates, including development and maintenance of the Annual Compliance Plan
- Be a point of escalation within the business for Compliance and ethics queries from staff members;
- Develop and deliver Compliance training to both employees and to the Board of Directors and other applicable directors and officers;
- Maintain the AML/CFT Risk Assessment Framework and resulting Risk Register
- Be chief point of contact for External audit and appropriate regulatory bodies (CBI)
- Keep abreast of sound Compliance approaches and upstream regulations to ensure the business retains a “best in class” Compliance culture
- Report to Senior Management on an ongoing basis and to the Board at least quarterly
The Successful Head of Risk and Compliance
- A professional Compliance or finance qualification and membership of a recognised professional body would be advantageous, but not a prerequisite (PRMIA, LCOI or ACAMS);
- 10+ years of experience in Compliance/Risk related business functions;
- Experience in corporate governance, internal controls evaluation, Compliance, and Risk
- Excellent knowledge of regulatory relations, particularly in an e-money and PSD2 regulation
- Strong risk management knowledge and experience
- Ability to prioritise workload in line with tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- Start-up Experience/Authorisation application experience
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, both verbal and written
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate employees;
Senior Recruitment Consultant - Compliance & Risk
Clarice is a recruitment consultant within Azon's Compliance team. She graduated from the National University of Ireland, Galway with an International BA (Psychology & Spanish). . She recruits professionals who specialize in Anti-Money Laundering, Financial Crime, Funds, Risk & Compliance.