A fast growing, multinational, Irish head quartered FMCG company are seeking to hire a Head of Group Tax to join their growing team.
Key duties & responsibilities of the Head of Group Tax:
- Manage and identify tax risks in the Group and take on a leadership position in managing tax compliance in the Group across a number of tax heads
- Develop and implement any requirement for tax-related policies. Ensuring application of Group-wide tax related policies/procedures are applied.
- Handle cross border transfer pricing aspects of head office charges and inter-company trading.
- Give advice in relation to taxation matters related to potential M&A activity. Including review of tax due diligence materials prepared by third parties, direct preparation of tax due diligence reports in conjunction with the companies own advisors as well as management of tax due diligence processes involving multiple parties.
- Prepare and review legal documentation arising from tax structuring.
- Offer advice and insight into taxation matters related property transactions and business activities generally.
- Manage multi-faceted annual compliance and tax reporting processes involving multiple legal entities across several countries and coordination of multiple compliance service providers.
- Prepare corporation tax computations for individual UK and Ireland entities within the Group.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with the Irish Revenue Commissioners and HMRC and respond to any tax authority queries
- Manage interactions with various other third parties including external tax, legal and other advisors, and industry bodies where appropriate.
Key skills of the Head of Group Tax:
- Qualified Big 4 ACA (or equivalent) with minimum six years PQE. Must also have Irish / UK professional tax qualification.
- As well as taxation law and regulation, the candidate should be familiar with technical accounting matters and International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Experience with Irish headquartered companies and strong M&A experience would be a benefit
- Excellent excel and PowerPoint skills, exceptional analytical skills and strong functional knowledge and experience in financial analysis and interpretation.
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal); need to communicate at all levels; must be able to engage with senior executives, head office finance team and divisional finance management.