The Role: Group Finance Manager
Maternity Leave Cover 11 month contract
The Client: Our Client is a global leader in healthcare advisory
Reporting to: Group Head of Accounting
Purpose of the Role:
The Group Finance Manager is responsible for the production and analysis of financial information for the Group consolidated financial statements as well as supporting the Group from a technical accounting perspective. The Group Finance Manager is also responsible for management, oversight and development of the finance team. The role will include leading significant projects and providing support and assistance to the Group Head of Accounting and Group Head of Finance.
- Management of two direct reports with management of indirect reports involved in various projects.
- Leading the change of year end reporting, responsible for change management with IT systems, statutory accounts, consolidated accounts and required reporting. Working with all stakeholders including internal finance, external auditors and senior management.
- Assist in the preparation of internal reporting (consolidated management accounts, board documents) and external reporting (Interim Reports, Preliminary Reports, Annual Report).
- Completion and review of technical areas of Group accounting including contingent consideration and business combination accounting.
- Integration of acquisitions for reporting purposes and involvement in completion accounts and earn out reviews.
- Working with Group Treasury to manage the FX gains/losses arising within the Group.
- Assist in internal and external audit queries.
- Ensure the maintenance and improvement of internal controls to ensure compliance with corporate standards.
- Strengthen and develop the interaction and relationship between group finance and operational management.
- Involvement in ad hoc projects as required.
Competencies and Experience required for success in this role:
- People and project management experience essential.
- Technical expertise under IFRS and in a PLC environment essential.
- Communicates openly with clarity
- Teamwork and collaboration and the ability to build effective partnerships with all stakeholders.
- Proven record of achievement, with specific examples of process improvement achievements.
- Displays strong attention to detail and has experience working to tight deadlines.
- Excellent IT/financial systems experience.
- Qualified Accountant, preferably from a top 10 accounting practice background with a minimum of 7 years PQE