The Role: Financial Accountant
The Client: Our Client is Ireland’s largest indigenous fast-food chain
The Location: Galway
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, the Retail Financial Accountant is responsible for the day to day management of the Accounting Function for the retail element of the Plaza Group. This includes 6 Plaza’s and 4 Retail/ Service Stations.
- Responsible for year end accounts and ensuring that the financial reports produced for the weekly & monthly management meetings are correct.
- Review and update where necessary all procedures and controls regularly and implementing and maintaining systems to support effective financial management including budgetary control.
- Responsible for the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable systems and overseeing the preparation of control accounts for debtors, bank and creditors.
- Provide relevant & timely financial information & financial analysis to allow strategic and tactical decision-making.
- Motivate, train & develop and monitor the performance of the team, ensuring they are properly focused to carry out the tasks needed on a weekly basis.
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA with minimum of 5 years experience in the Retail/grocery forecourt sector
- Needs to have good communication and organizational skills
- Needs to have a good understanding of different accounting packages
- Highly motivated with the ability to use own initiative and strong commercial business acumen
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision and to tight deadlines
- Effective multi-tasker with the ability to focus on key priorities
- Attention to detail and sees tasks through to completion
- Self assured with ability to create positive working relationships
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements of the role
- Strong financial analytical skills with above average skills in Excel.