I highly recommend working with Natalia both if you are looking for a new role or if you are looking for potential candidates. Natalia worked with me through the recruitment process and always gave brilliant advice. She is one of the best recruiters I’ve ever had the pleasure to work with. I was delighted to receive and accept an offer at the end of the process and can’t wait to get started in my new role. Thanks Natalia!
Manufacturing & Engineering
Environmental Health & Safety Leader
- Published15 Mar 2023
- Apply now!
Job Title: Environmental Health and Safety Leader – 1 year contract
Client: A worldwide leader in the medical device industry is expanding their presence in Ireland to Louth. They require an Environmental Health and Safety Leader to provide guidance and ensure site compliance on all new expansions are in line with occupational health and safety and all relevant regulations.
- Provide leadership on and monitor Occupational Health and Safety Legislation
- Familiar with the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 and enforce it which requires ensuring all site workers have the relevant training knowledge and experience for the job.
- Communicate with external Health and Safety Authorities.
- Draw up a Safety Statement and carry out risk assessments which are updated regularly.
- Filing of all documentation related to health and safety, incidents, reports etc.
- Organise and provide training in; fire safety, first aid, chemical handling, manual handling and ergonomic aspects in relation to V.D.U operation
- Maintain ISO14001 by assisting the facilities engineer
- Oversee the energy, materials, water, noise , air and waste usage by implementing measurable programmes
- Maintain ISO14000 system and be able to prepare its transfer to new Corporate database system from the original management database
- Front the environmental team and produce viable solutions in reducing the overall environmental impact on site
- 4 years experience minimum in similar role
- Relevant 3rd level qualification in Environmental, Safety, Health and Welfare
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills
- Project management experience
- Organisational skills and open to continuous learning