A leading pharmaceutical are keen to hire an experienced Employment Legal Counsel to join their growing team in Dublin City Centre.
Key Duties and Responsibilities of the Employment Legal Counsel:
- Advise on international employment law in line with the company’s culture and legal risk
- Assist in relation to non-competition agreements, redundancies, and negotiating employment contracts and exit agreements
- Provide support on employment counselling and projects related to support across the globe, primarily focused on Europe and the Americas
- Supporting HR business partners and business leadership with employee relation matters, investigations and policy development
- Leverage outside counsel as needed and manage it closely
- Maintain expertise in the areas of employment and labour law across a diverse geographical remit. Provide input on policies, procedures and issues relating to legislation and regulations impacting the company
Key Skills and Qualifications of the Employment Legal Counsel:
- Experience working in the Employment department in a large law firm, both from a litigation defence and employment law counselling
- Knowledge of US employment law and strong knowledge of employment law basics in various European countries
- In-house legal experience with a focus on employment law is preferred
Please note: If you are an EU/EEA national, you will be asked to show proof of right to work in Ireland e.g. showing your employer a copy of your passport.
If you are a non-EU/EEA national, you will require current and valid permission to work and reside in the Republic of Ireland. Information on legislation and guides to the procedures in relation to obtaining Green Card Permits, Work Permits, Spousal/Dependent Permits is available on the Department of Jobs, Enterprise, and Innovation website.