Title – Customs Clearance Executive
Location – South Dublin
Salary – €40,000 + bonus + benefits
Company – Multi-National Food Producer
Duration – Permanent
We are working with a major food producer here in Ireland. They are a rapidly expanding business with a global supply chain. They have created a new role for a Customs Clearance Executive to ensure a smooth process and maintain their high customer service levels.
Description and role responsibilities:
In your role as a you will be responsible for planning, directing and reporting on all UK import activities on a day to day basis. You will have responsibility for ensuring timely delivery of goods to various warehouses and factories while providing a high-quality service to internal customers and suppliers.
- Plan, direct and control UK import activities on a day to day basis.
- Liaise with carriers for shipping information.
- Ensure all relevant documentation is in place to allow smooth transition of imported goods to factories and warehouses.
- Complete Export & Export Customs Entries.
- Ensure all Consignments are loaded onto the system prior to arrival/departure, checking paperwork for accuracy
- Monitor incoming information and highlight potential problem areas to relevant staff, delegating as appropriate, advising management as and when necessary.
- Complete Import month-end routines.
- Identify and provide early warning to relevant internal managers on any issues and problems that could have an adverse effect on deadlines.
- Take ownership of all accounting issues and queries as and when directed by management.
- Assist in follow up with Revenue if necessary.
- Develop constructive relationships with key suppliers, resolving any concerns and ensuring corrective action is taken.
- Assist with insurance claims in line with company procedures as and when requested by management.
- Minimum 2 years’ previous customs experience essential (Experience within the FMCG industry would be ideal)
- A qualification in Customs Clearance and SADs would be an advantage.
- A strong knowledge of UK custom regulations, procedures and practice.
- Knowledge of Import/Export Intrastat Process
- Ability to communicate at all levels and develop relationships with key stakeholders
- Demonstrable strategic thinking and decision making through proven track record
- Strong I.T. capability and excellent data analysis skills
- Be able to interrogate various systems in order to summarise and distribute the required information, in the required formats including customs declarations.
- Able to work and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills