Our Client is one of Ireland’s fastest growing non bank lenders. Based in Dublin, they are growing and they are looking for applicants to join their Credit Underwriting team in Motor Finance.
This role will be dedicated to conducting credit analysis and support the underwriting of car finance applications in accordance with business criteria and policies ensuring that risk and credit worthiness is assessed. They are a thriving, busy and fast paced team who are looking to attract candidates who are ambitious and who want to challenge themselves further.
- Review credit worthiness, assess and review risk implications of car loan applications.
- Complete financial analysis and make informed lending decisions.
- Assess credit reports, proof of income, bank statements, statement of affairs and any other supporting documentation at the borrower level.
- Exercise Delegated Credit Authority, make recommendations and present to management for those above this level.
- Developing strong stakeholder relationships across all departments and functions.
- Control the quality of the business approved by ensuring policy and process measures are adhered to.
- Flexible yet commercially sound underwriting in line with business guidelines.
- Degree in Business or Finance
- Previous experience in credit underwriting – Motor
- QFA desirable but must have APA minimum
- Ability to understand and utilise legislative requirements to meet regulatory obligations of the business.
- Ability to work under deadlines and targets while accurately assessing and mitigating against risk.
- Evidence of building and maintaining relationships with clients in a changing and fast paced environment.
Please note: If you are an EU/EEA national, you will be asked to show proof of right to work in Ireland e.g. showing your employer a copy of your passport.
If you are a non-EU/EEA national, you will require current and valid permission to work and reside in the Republic of Ireland. Information on legislation and guides to the procedures in relation to obtaining Green Card Permits, Work Permits, Spousal/Dependent Permits is available on the Department of Jobs, Enterprise, and Innovation website.