Our Client: A privately-owned financial services Group. They have businesses that specialise in Commercial Mortgages, Residential Mortgages, Motor Finance, Asset Finance & Leasing, and Agri Finance.
The Role: They have an exciting opportunity for a Credit Underwriter to Join the Residential Mortgage Team on an initial 12 Month Contract.
Location: Dublin 4
- Prepare, review and analyse the credit worthiness and risk implication of lending applications ensuring adherence to their policy and process measures always.
- Complete financial analysis narrative and make informed lending decisions.
- Assess credit reports, proof of income, bank statements, statement of affairs and any other supporting documentation at the borrower level.
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of all data supporting applications as per agreed policy and criteria.
- Ensure the availability and accessibility of all necessary documentation.
- Proactively monitor credit policy and performance on an ongoing basis.
- Liaise with their internal Compliance team to ensure that all policies and procedures are in line with current regulation
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders to promote credit policy whilst maximising new opportunities.
- Degree in Business/Finance or equivalent.
- Desirable QFA but must be an Approved Product Advisor (APA).
- Previous credit underwriting experience.
- Credit Assessment – Ability to understand and appropriately utilise systems and processes for credit and operational risk assessment
- Risk – Ability to assess and mitigate risk for the benefit of the organisation.
Please note: If you are an EU/EEA national, you will be asked to show proof of right to work in Ireland e.g. showing your employer a copy of your passport.
If you are a non-EU/EEA national, you will require current and valid permission to work and reside in the Republic of Ireland. Information on legislation and guides to the procedures in relation to obtaining Green Card Permits, Work Permits, Spousal/Dependent Permits is available on the Department of Jobs, Enterprise, and Innovation website.