I highly recommend working with Natalia both if you are looking for a new role or if you are looking for potential candidates. Natalia worked with me through the recruitment process and always gave brilliant advice. She is one of the best recruiters I’ve ever had the pleasure to work with. I was delighted to receive and accept an offer at the end of the process and can’t wait to get started in my new role. Thanks Natalia!
Technology & Change
Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
- Published12 May 2023
- Apply now!
Our client is a leading international FinTech software development company, specialising in software solutions and services for the capital markets financial sector. With a global presence and over 20 year’s experience delivering complex software and data feed solutions to household names and others in the US, UK, Europe, Middle East and Asia-Pacific, the company’s award-winning team of experts enables its clients such as institutional brokerages and exchanges to keep ahead of the competition by providing innovative, secure and reliable custom solutions tailored to their unique needs.
The Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining security strategies and programs to ensure the security and integrity of the organization’s information and technology assets. The CISO acts as a strategic partner to senior management, providing guidance and advice on all security matters. The CISO is responsible for creating and executing a comprehensive security plan that is in line with industry best practices and applicable laws and regulations.
- Develop, implement, and maintain comprehensive information security policies, processes, and procedures to protect the organization’s data, systems, and networks from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, or destruction.
- Lead the information security risk assessment process, identifying risks and implementing measures to mitigate or reduce risks.
- Act as the primary point of contact for all information security-related matters.
- Monitor and evaluate security performance and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in information security, including emerging threats and best practices.
- Develop and manage information security budgets, ensuring that resources are allocated effectively.
- Develop security awareness and training programs.
- Respond to security incidents, conducting investigations, and making recommendations for remediation.
- Work closely with internal departments and external partners to ensure the security of data and systems.
- Collaborate with senior management to ensure that business objectives are achieved in a secure and compliant manner.
- Act as a liaison between the organization and external stakeholders such as auditors, regulators, and law enforcement.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors to ensure the selection of secure products and services.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information security, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in information security, including developing, implementing, and managing security strategies and programs.
- Experience of managing a team of 4-5 people across various locations.
- Experience within a similar sector highly desired
- Knowledge about regulations on personal data protection in EU-member states and awareness of the requirements established by the GDPR.
- CISSP certification or equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge of information security best practices, laws, and regulations.
- Experience with security risk assessments and managing security incidents.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to think strategically and solve complex problems.
- Eligible to work in Ireland along with the ability to travel without restriction.
An attractive base salary plus bonus and benefits package commensurate with the candidate’s experience and the level and challenge of the role will be offered.
Associate Director - Technology
James Monks is an Associate Director at Azon Recruitment managing the Technology team, specialising in all areas of Software Development & Engineering, Data Analytics & Business Intelligence, Infrastructure, Cybersecurity & IT Risk, Business Analysis, PMO & Change Management, QA, Test & Automation, Blockchain and UX, UI roles. James has been recruiting within the Technology space for over 8 years. He has helped shape the tech teams for some of the biggest companies in the world. He is supported by specialist IT recruiters that are skilled in sourcing and headhunting. He has a client first approach to recruitment.