The role: Accounts Payable Assistant (Assistant Finance Executive)
The client: Public Sector body
Location: Dublin 2
Contract: Permanent (hybrid working!)
Salary starting as per public sector guidelines
The job: This role is ideal for an Accounting and Finance Graduate or someone with some Finance experience seeking to progress their career in a public sector environment. This role will mainly surround of processing and posting invoices, payment runs, reconciliations and setting up suppliers.
- To process and pay creditors invoices in accordance with the provisions of Revenue regulations, Prompt Payment of Accounts.
- To ensure that the Procurement procedures are observed and adhered to.
- To ensure that suppliers are paid within the time frame
- To prepare payment runs for checking and authorisation and following authorisation process payment runs.
- To make statutory returns.
- Set up and amendment of creditor accounts and supplier details for approval.
- Assist with supplier queries.
- Process credit notes and reconcile supplier accounts statements on an ongoing basis and resolving creditor invoice queries on an ongoing basis.
- Deal with team members / supplier / client queries efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure that procedure manuals are regularly updated.
- Continue to keep Property team members up to date with Financial Management requirements
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CANDIDATE:
- 3rd level qualification preferably in Accounting and Finance or related discipline
- Proficient in MS Office ie Excel, Word
- Work experience (6 months+ in a finance function)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team-player
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Interest in continually developing your skills and knowledge