Azon’s Senior Consultant, Katie Barrett, outlines the essential information you need to know as a newly qualified ACA.
So, you’re a newly qualified ACA coming out of contract and thinking of making the move to industry…here is what you need to know in a nutshell before you make your next career move. You can download the full content here (for free) for more insight: http://bit.ly/ACAeBook
1. Hot Industries
– Life Science and Pharma
2. Contract or Permanent?
There are many pros and cons for both. Contract can offer the opportunity to break into an industry of interest and get a feel for different things and permanent can offer promotion opportunities and on the job training.
3. Different Titles and Jobs on Offer
– Financial Reporting – Reviewing how a business has performed
– Management Accountant – Looks at P&L and Cash Flows for internal use
– Financial Accountant – A mix of Financial Reporting and Management Accounting
– Group Accountant – Accountant in head office in Plc or Large business
– Financial Analyst – Finds trends from reviewing and analysing financial reports.
– FP&A (Financial Planning and Analysis – Involvement in budgets, forecasts, scenario analysis.
4. What they don’t tell you…
– Overtime is still going to be a thing
– Getting a “commercial” role is hard
– It is not all about the Beanbags and free beer
– Your first move doesn’t define your career
This is just a summary of what is covered in Azon’s Guide for ACA’s.
Nothing beats a sit down and a chat though, so if you’re newly qualified ACA and ready to make the move, message me and we can arrange to grab coffee and talk through live roles and what other options are available to you in the current market.